Sunday, February 19, 2006

Weekend Update

I had a relatively uneventful week and weekend. I am starting to stress out a little (okay, a lot) about the clinical portion of my licensing exam. I still need to find a couple of patients before March 4th. I drove down south early Saturday for a short weekend with the family. Saturday night I stopped by to visit the cardiologist, the fellow storyteller, the admiral, and the writer with an infectious laugh. Within two minutes of the conversation starting, the writer commented on how my hair was thinning just like my dad, pretty funny (and unfortunately true). The cardiologist was busy watching the heating repair man sit in his truck and talk on the phone, all the while commenting on how he's been sitting out there for seven minutes and he should be in the house fixing the upstairs heat. Storyteller then told us about the time LB's dorm room was so cold that she couldn't type her papers and needed to buy a space heater for her room. Oh, storyteller also commented that I look just like i do on my blog. I was very surprised that she saw my blog. The fact that she knows what a blog is and how to check one makes her exponentially more computer savvy than my mom. Although she did lose a little street cred when she said that the sound wasn't working on the computer. At first I thought I might have to reinstall a sound card or check the drivers. Upon further examination I saw that the volume was on mute. Case solved. I also watched the third season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, I really liked it and will have to rent all the available seasons when I have time. I played basketball thursday night and we beat the third years. Soccer tonight and another victory. Good to be back on the winning track. I just checked my schedule and I only have 12 more weeks of school. It will be a very busy three months though. Boards on March 3rd. Gathering in Nashville on March 11th. BG informed me that my presence is requested in Cabo for the weekend of April 29th. Class graduation party on April 22nd. LB's weekend on April 9th. Graduation May 14th, BG's wedding in Santa Barbara on May 20th.

3 comments:

baj said...

i was so confused b/c i thought that the 'fellow storyteller' was your dad but then i saw the 'she' and figured out you were talking about cybermom! LOL! looking forward to see y'all soon. 'curb' is such a funny show but i can only take it in small doses b/c it's so painful to see larry digging himself in deeper and deeper every time. kinda like the brit version of 'the office'.

Omar said...

baj, cybermom indeed! my mom is just mastering the art of the text message, next step, e-mail. see you soon

Ol' Baby said...

hey hey. just checking out the place. you've got alot on your plate. hope everything runs smoothly!