Friday, February 03, 2006

Breaking News....New Diet Guaranteed to Work!

Another week of school down only 14 more to go! I was at Cottage Corner clinic all week. It is a nice facility that addresses the medical and dental needs of the underserved population in Indianapolis (mostly eastsiders). I really enjoyed the rotation, I had a lot of freedom in decision making and got a chance to see multiple patients. Pretty boring week. Unfortunately, due to circumstance, I can only set short term goals right now. I want to pass National Step II (I should find out in about two weeks), next I want to get my patients ready for clinical portion of NERBs, and finally I have to still complete my graduation requirements. I suppose after achieving these goals I will aggressively start looking for a job. I have a meeting with the Heartland recruiter on the 16th and am also in contact with a friend of a friend who practices in Sydney, Australia about possible opportunities there. I really don't have a single preference on where to practice. I suppose Louisville/Southern Indiana is always an option but Oz has three years of med school left (and endless years of residency left) and baby bro has a year of undergrad and three years of law school before they decide where they want to live. I will probably just end up associating for a few years and hopefully find a place to practice within the next five years.
Well, in early December I reported that I weighed in at a husky 198. Eight weeks later, with a little hard work, a little bit of heartbreak, and some dieting, I weighed in at 190 even! I am pretty excited, only 12 more pounds to go until my goal is reached. After reading the South Beach Diet, studying Atkins, researching the Caveman, cabbage soup, liquid, and Hollywood diets, I found one that works. Eat less and exercise more! I am doing something aerobic five times a week and eating about half as much as I normally do. I go to bed hungry every night, but it's worth it. Time to undo all that hard work, the weekend is here!

No comments: