Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Naptown Ballers

This week has been insanely busy. The next two weeks don't look any better. I am trying to get all my patients in order for boards next Saturday. Baby bro has a small cavity that is ideal for the boards so I get to save the 75 bribe that I would have ordinarily paid to my patient. Let me just give you an idea of what I've had to pay (Oz, stop reading, I'm about to get quanitative). I had to fork over 1600 for the NERB exam (three parts, the clinical portion being the one on March 4th). Three hundo for my assistant to sit and help, 75 for my other filling patient, and 50 for my perio patient. That's right, two g's for this exam total. Now, god forbid I fail or one of my patients doesn't show up (hence the bribe), I fork out another 700 for the retake at Ohio State. On top of that I would have to pay an assistant again, three patients, lodging (for everyone) and food for the group. I hope I pass. Also, I am still trying to finish up my grad requirements. I played basketball tonight and we got trounced by the 'Naptown Ballers'. They had a fellow by the name of 'Gambles' who during warm-ups stood beneath the rim, pump faked twice, proceeded to jump straight in the air and dunk two handed. We have a fellow by the name of 'Slowmar' who with a full court running start, 30 minutes of stretching, 2 days worth of ice on the shins, gets excited when he can grab the rim with one hand. I felt really old. It probably didn't help that I had high tops with velcro, two knee braces, rec specs, and shorts exposing 4 inches of thigh (not really, but I might as well have).

No comments: