Saturday, February 11, 2006

Fire Mike Davis


I had a really good week at school, but now I have lab work that I must catch up on. Sushi last night was outstanding, as usual. The restaraunt is Korean owned but is still a great place to eat. I particularly like the traditional Korean noodles and vegetables (Japchae). This is preceded by a small salad with garlic/ginger dressing and followed by Miso soup. After eating at Hisago weekly for a year, we have narrowed our choice of rolls to the 'perfect five'. Spicy salmon, ebi tempura, new york roll, hoosier roll, and oshizushi roll. Friday and Saturday nights also provide us with the occasional poorly sung version of James Brown's 'I Feel Good' echoing from the back room of the restaraunt where Karaoke is taking place. I have been laying around all day watching college basketball. IU lost again, I fear that we may not make the NCAA tournament, yet alone make the final four (as I predicted three months ago). Mike Davis is a great recruiter but absolutely cannot coach. We have to start winning on the road if we stand any chance at all of making the tournament. I have nothing in my fridge (see picture), sorry for the poor quality, it was taken with my phone. As you can see, I have water, milk, condiments, and the biggest tub of butter available for consumer purchase. I think I will grocery shop today, finish laundry, and read some nerdy dental journals/magazines. I will also try and rent Curb Your Enthusiasm, per Oz's request. One more thing, I rented 'Constant Gardner' two nights ago. I really enjoyed it, as I do most of John LeCarre's movies and books.

6 comments:

baj said...

what the shaq is in a hoosier roll?

Anonymous said...

hoosier roll, love it.

Omar said...

tuna, avacado, lettuce, spicy mayo.

baj said...

mmm, tuna and avacado i'll go for, but lettuce and mayo? yikes!

i think what's going on is that my round ligament pain (thanks a lot, baby) causes me to clench my teeth at night when i turn and so lately, my jaw pops when i eat or when i come in from the cold and just talk. the other night, my ear started hurting too but that's gone away. lastly, i wonder if one of the causes is b/c when yr preg, yr supposed to sleep on your left side and that's the side of my jaw that hurts. prescription?

Omar said...

baj, your ear pain is caused by referred pain to the temporalis muscle. Its a fan shaped muscle that has an attachment on the condylar head (area of the TMJ) and essentially covers the side of your head over your ear. As far as clenching goes, the best thing is a hard splint. It is made from hard arcylic that is molded to your teeth and covers the biting surfaces of your upper teeth (it will be made so that your lower teeth articulate into it slightly as well). It is a very small thing that you put in your mouth (at night) and not cumbersome at all. If you get one, make sure it is a hard splint and not a soft one. Soft ones are effective for short periods of time but studies have shown that over time TMJ pain increases with a soft splint and that your bite may also become altered. I would recommend this course of treatment first. If it doesn't work, Flexeril.

baj said...

thanks, dahcter saab! i appreciate your taking the time out to explain that to me. luckily, i think i've gotten better. i make a concious effort not to clench my teeth when i'm turning in bed AND i'm not as stressed out about the new house anymore so things are looking better. thx again!