Thursday, December 08, 2005

Need Sleepy

I am tired! Tired of school, tired of cold weather, tired of being broke, tired of being fat, tired of my dusty apartment, tired of my noisy muffler, tired of spending 80 dollars at the grocery store and walking out with deli meat, chesse, bread, and gatorade. I'm tired of standing water in my dishwasher, tired of traffic on the snobby north side, tired of the delapidated roads in Indianapolis, and I'm just really tired of being tired all the time.

I enjoy my profession but sometimes patients can really make you second guess your career choices. As MP so eloquently put it, "If my patients would have spent 2.99 on a toothbrush and .99 cents on tooth paste, they wouldn't be spending a day a week and a few thousand on dental work." I often wonder if my profession would even exist if so many people didn't have a toothbrush allergy. I actually had a patient today that came to her appointment eating candy and actually tried to sneak a piece when I got up to develop an x-ray. I wonder if she shows up to the cardiologists office with a double cheeseburger and fries.

I went to the northside today to get a gift certificate for my clinic director and sat in traffic for 40 minutes at 7:30 in the evening. I didn't mind the trip because we got our weekly sushi fix out of the way on the way back. I'm tired of writing!

No comments: