Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Dunlap Disease

Boards are finished!!! I think I may have done marginally better on the second day, hopefully well enough to pass. I went to work out directly after the exam and was I in for a surprise. I had recently noticed that all of my pants fit a little tighter (I wear scrubs everyday so it is sometimes hard to tell), I'm also being offered diet soda an awful lot by servers at restaraunts, and I am having a lot of trouble breathing due to fatty deposits around my neck. One would think that these would all be very clear signs that I should diet or perhaps excersize a little more. On the contrary, I eat out more, work out less, and wear scrubs more often. As a matter of fact, I distinctly remember wearing scrubs at a restaraunt denouncing physical activity and healthy eating. I weighed myself at the gym today, in the nude (a la light heavyweight boxer style) to find that I now weigh 196.8 pounds! I don't know how many kilograms or stones that is, but its a lot. To put this in perspective, I weighed 180 pounds in late June. I was playing soccer, basketball, volleyball, and lifting regularly. In a mere six months I have gained 17 pounds and who knows how much body fat. Although I deserve much of the credit, I would like to thank my friends, family, and classmates for supporting me in my bid to reach unhealthy levels of obesity. It's the hard work behind the scenes that has allowed me to be successful. Things like the late night eating, forearm sized breakfast burritos on the weekends, 25 cent wings, the dollar menu, and economy size bags of BBQ potato chips are all to blame. So I am recommitting myself to working out and eating better. By April 1st I plan on being 180 pounds, healthy, and fit once again. No Oz, this is not like every winter since 1995 that I say "Man, I'm going to get ripped this summer", I just want to be back in shape like I was in June. I will post some pictures of past, present, and my progress.

No comments: