Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Final Four

Indianapolis was packed this last weekend. The NCAA Final Four took place downtown and it was pretty cool. I went out with a bunch of friends on Friday and every place downtown had a line about 50 people deep to get in. It was nice to see downtown so alive. Usually the only place with a line downtown is Have A Nice Day Cafe, affectionately referred to as the HAND (if you are a female you will find more than one on your backside during the course of an evening). Lines are generally reserved for Broadripple (college bars and clubs). Anyway, on Saturday we went to Jillians and watched the semifinal games on any one of the twenty big screens downstairs. The line was too long initially to get in so we had to settle for watching the first half of the Florida game in a giant tent that was set up next door. This quickly became a nuisance because it was cold outside and I was tired of seeing drunk 21 year old girls with flip flops falling on their rears. I noticed also that all of my friends are ex college athletes. I wish I would have gone to a smaller school and played college sports (I had Division II and III offers for baseball and football<---tooting own horn!). BG played volleyball at UCLA, JB and JC were swimmers at Luther College, and JP played football at Wyoming. I played intramural Euchere at IU, just not the same. After UCLA won, BG was determined to get tickets for the championship game. He came through and we were able to go to the Championship on Monday night. Florida fans outnumbered UCLA fans at least 3 to 1. It was a boring game but still fun to be there and experience it all. Last night I ate a Bourbon Street Burger (with cajun spices) at my favorite hangout. I am now fatter and more unhealthy, but certainly more content.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»