Thursday, January 05, 2006

Resolutions

My patient cancelled this morning, therefore allowing me time to write a few lines. I think I would enjoy blogging a lot more if it was like the medical profession. I wish I could sit with a tape recorder dictating and then have the tape outsourced to south asia and posted to this page. I recently took the North East Regional Board Exam (NERB). I felt a lot better about this test than National Step II. If I pass both of these exams, I may never have to take another written test ever again (at least none of any significant value). I partied with some friends on the 31st and have watched my fair share of college football this last week. I am very depressed in that I have to go to school again and deal with all of that nonsense. Now for resolutions:

1. Lose 20 pounds by early April (i'd be happy with 15)
2. Graduate on time (by Mother's Day weekend)
3. Figure out where I want to live
4. Find a job
5. Become more active (aerobic activity daily)
6. Drink more water (pretty lame, but I do need to)
7. Throw away all loose papers dated prior to August 2000
8. Give away all clothes that haven't been worn in over one year
9. Learn to ride (and buy) a motorcycle (Yamaha FZ6 or Suzuki SV650S)
10. Don't eat after 10pm

I think that is all the resolutions I came up with. I feel that I can and should accomplish at least 8 of the 10. Those were my reasonable resolutions. Here is my unreasonable resolution/wish list:

1. Travel to Spain, France, England, Italy, and Greece (includes sailing the Mediterranean in a chartered yacht)
2. Own 100 acres of land somewhere in the Carribean where I will eventually build a house and retire
3. Become the dentist to the stars, have my own show, get asked to star in movie along side one of my patients, become an international phenomenon (okay, this is just ridiculous, I'll stop now)
4. Get asked to be a consultant for Ferrari's F1 team (this wish also includes dating a model/actress which is a customary perk of the job)

Let me get back to my reality of travelling to the gym, owning a half acre in southern Indiana, becoming a dentist to the underprivelaged, and being a consultant for my soccer/volleyball team.

1 comment:

baj said...

hey, if it worked for 'paging doctor gupta,' why not you?! my resolutions include FORCING myself to eat after 10pm so i don't wake up at 7am with half the pillow gnawed away.