Saturday, January 14, 2006

Hi Five


I had a very stressfull week at the emergency clinic. My brother now laughs at me because a stressfull week for me usually involves working at the hospital from 8-5:30, standing the entire time, taking med histories, and doing oral surgery all day. I had the worst patient on friday morning. She was HIV+ and didn't know her T-Cell count. She also didn't know what meds she was taking and what she was taking them for. Every 10 minutes she told me a new condition. Oh, I have neuropathy, and thrush, and I had alcohol poisoning two weeks ago, and depression. I could go on, but I'll stop and spare anyone reading this the agony. She has been positive for 11 years but when I asked her what her T-Cell count was, she promptly stated "18" (full blown AIDS is anything under 4oo, she obviously didn't know and was making up random numbers). Finally, I could tell that she was getting frustrated with the fact that a dentist was asking all these questions. As I occasionally walked out of the room to talk to the doctor I noticed that she would talk to the wall, her purse, and the x-ray hanging in the view box. When I walked back in with the doc, she cursed at both of us and stormed out. Good times.
Satisfied the usual friday sushi craving last night and then met BG and his fiance, JC and his lady, and MJ at Olives (the bar in the Omni). Right now I'm listening to Thievery Corporation and Kenny Chesney. I don't really know anyone else who has those together on a playlist. Quite frankly I'm not sure why I do either. I really like this picture. Pakistan may be the only place on earth where you could find a family of 8 on a 100cc motorcycle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is really an amazing picture.