Sunday, January 08, 2006

Yee Haw!

I had a pretty exciting weekend. I went to sushi at Wasabi on the north side on friday. After dinner we met up with about twenty other people for a friend of mine from IU who had a surprise 30th birthday party thrown for him. It was good to see some of the old crew from IU. They drove from Chicago, Nashville, and Columbus, it was a good time. On saturday a group of fourteen of us went to the rodeo. It was a lot of fun, but the highlight of the night had to be Whiplash, the cowboy monkey. They had a monkey in a cowboy hat, riding around on a sheepdog, herding cattle. It was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. Although it did also remind me a little of the monkey I saw in Pakistan that smoked, did push-ups, sat with his legs crossed in a chair, kneaded mock dough, and aimed a miniature rifle at you. After the rodeo we all went out to the usual dive. Sunday started out as one of my laziest days on record. I refused to anwer the phone until 4 o'clock as it sat ringing 18 inches from my head all afternoon. I finally got up to play soccer (we won 6-0 and I scored, but for some reason Real Madrid hasn't come calling yet), went for a run afterwards, and then tried unsuccessfully to do TaeBo with MP. I took it seriously, but she kept laughing at me and I kicked her dog twice accidentally. I'll stick to weights and sports. I am at Regenstrief Emergency clinic all this week. So I will be stuck with the unenviable task of trying to discern drug seekers from those who are in legitimate pain. I also have to start studying for my Jurisprudence exam on wednesday. Instead of listing all 1000 songs in the nano, I will just quote a line from a random song:
"To the extreme I rock the mic like a vandal, light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle"
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby

4 comments:

baj said...

a monkey cowboy? *swoon* please tell me that you took a picture of that.

Anonymous said...

I took pictures, but I don't know how stable the camera was while I laughed uncontrollably.
OMS

baj said...

Eid Mubarak, O1! Please give our salaams and Eid greetings to O2 and O3.

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh once more just thinking of you doing Taebo. And by the way, I think you kicked the dog 3 times.